Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Bike Project Part XI

The wheel hubs have now been regreased and rebuilt. And they're spinning smoothly!

I fitted new pedals too. They've got double sided SPDs but a clip in black platform on one side. I'm not sure whether to keep these on this bike or swap my commuter bike pedals - which have silver coloured platforms on one side. Or maybe just unclip the black platform and have double sided cleats on my Single Speed.

Here's a picture so far:


Choices, choices.

I took it out for a spin! It feels OK. I think I need to slacken off the chain tension! I'm a bit conscious of putting too much force through the chain to wrestle the gear up some of the short steep hills. Am I likely to snap anything? It's not like I have track sprinter's legs!

I have made one decision! I've ordered a quill stem adaptor and new stem from eBay, so that I can get rid of that ugly white, scratched and rusty quill stem.

Then I can fit the bar tape and that'll be it!

So the next post should be a final picture with all that fitted!

No comments: