Friday, May 11, 2007

8.69km Tempo...

After my 22:29 5km Time Trial on Tuesday, I took the opportunity to recalculate my Training Pace Calculator.

All my recent comments about aiming for an 'Easy' run and ending up with a 'Medium' pace can now be fixed. They were probably all within my newly revised 'Easy' run pace.

This morning will most likely be my last Hard session before the Half Marathon. So I decided on a Tempo run - 4 x 1.5km at 4:46/km pace (to be precise) with 2 minutes recovery jogs in between.

I asked my Imaginary Friend to do his thing, had a warm up then set off on the first rep. I didn't intend to look at my watch to ensure the correct pace but I was very accurate never the less. 1.5km reps were: 7:00 (4:40/km), 7:05 (4:43/km), 7:07 (4:44/km) and 7:15 (4:50/km) so an average of 4:44/km which is amazingly close to pace.

That felt like a really good work-out. And that 5km TT seems to have given me a big confidence boost.

1 comment:

R2B said...

Your still alive and running!
Well done!
May meet you at SMH