Monday, July 02, 2007

16.00km LSD...

A chose a bit more of a challenging route for my long run yesterday. Rather than the flat(ish) river route I headed out through to Macquarie Park, to Epping and back through Eastwood to home.

So 16km in 1:30:12 at 5:38/km pace. My legs did feel a bit dead at various stages and my lungs were busting up a few of the hills, but I was pleased to recover quickly from those challenges as the course flattened out a bit.

I also seem to have solved my post long run headache problem. I guessed that it's not just about drinking water following the run, it's about getting water into your body within a couple of hours of the run. I heard that sports drinks are generally absorbed quicker too - so I tried a couple of bottles of Gatorade straight after the run. That worked a treat. No headache last night and feel good today!

I should have a good chance of getting some good runs in this week... and the weather doesn't look too bad either.

No comments: