Monday, August 03, 2009

City to Surf 2009 Preview

The plan was to take a break from cycling to work, partly to avoid the cold mornings, but also so that I could focus on training for this year's City to Surf.

Well the break from cycling was easy(!) but I've only managed to get in about 2 x 5km runs per week with a couple of weekend 'longer' runs since the end of May.

In theory, running at lunchtime is a great option... the temperature's close to perfect, the route is fantastic around the Pyrmont waterfront, there's a couple of guys in the office who are keen too. In practice... there are lunchtimes at the pub and work distractions to get in the way.

However, I feel as though I have enough base fitness to get me around in less than 90 minutes - which is no great shakes but it will keep me in the Green group for next year - and maybe a chance to train properly then!!!

So... we'll see how we go with this year's and next year's targets.

No comments: