Monday, August 13, 2007

14.37km City to Surf 2007...

Lessons learnt for next year...

Enter into the sub-100 minute group, to avoid the 5-abreast walkers and pram pushers!

That is just getting dangerous. We also arrived a bit late too, so we started way back in the pack of the HSBC Group. I didn't even hear the gun for our start so I started my watch as we crossed the start line.

For the first time I was held up more by the people in front of me than I was by my own ability!

So line to line time was 1:16:54, card time was 1:31:20. Official time was 1:21:21.

A great day never-the-less. No major dramas up the hills. I felt strong still heading down into Bondi. And had a bit of a burst left to get over the line.

Next event is the Half Marathon on 23 September. So hopefully the weather gets warmer in the mornings so I can get back into training for that.

No comments: