Monday, May 16, 2005

13 Weeks to go...

I have been a busy boy. I missed posting Friday because I didn't have spare time at work. Unfortunate really because I'd thought of a different title to these defaults...

It was going to be Abort, Abort!!!

The first Abort was in reference to Thursday night's dinner being aborted in a public toilet on my route. An urgent Number Two rather than a Barf!

The second Abort was in reference to not being able to get my legs going after the first Abort so I walked up the hill to home from there.

I'd slurped down some Lucozade before the run in attempt to give me some energy. I thought it may have been that that caused the urgent sit down.

I tried some Glucose powder this morning, continuing the attempt for an energy boost. This did seem to give the required boost with no consequential effect on my bowels, so I now guess it was just the massive meal I'd had.

Again, no run to talk about over the weekend. So much for my strategy of inviting ridicule / encouragement from readers of this when I slipped from my plan!!!

It was another active weekend though. I finished the mortar rendering on the sunroom wall. It's ready to paint (when Shirley picks the colour). Then I can put down the floor.

I had a bit of practice at the floor laying because Shirley's brother is also laying the similar product. I'm glad that I've seen some problems to avoid and I realise that my nice, uniform, rectangular room will be easier than the cut-outs and 45 degree angles that Thomas and co. had to deal with.

I've also been roped in to help my father-in-law lay a floor slab. It's a fully enclosed basement so I just have to work out whether to cast it in sections or how to level and float it off in one go - as we can't walk round the sides.

Again this is practice for a similar but easier job at our place.

Another couple of busy weekends ahead...

No comments: