Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Starting to Get Colder...

I tried the run this morning without the accompanying music, just to see whether it makes a difference to my concentration / boredom balance.

The fact is that the only difference using the MD player makes is that the headphones keep my ears warm!

It felt sooo cold this morning. I guess it's just the relative drop in temperature rather than the actual temperature because it was probably still about 15 degrees.

It's likely to get colder as we get further into winter. I remember last year when I was getting in the car to drive to work at 6.15am, the temperature often got down to 5 degrees, which for Sydney is bloody cold. Remember we don't have central heating here either.

Anyway, another 5km this morning. No different to any other day really. Still struggle to finish off up that last hill. And my hamstrings really felt tight. Perhaps a massage is in order!

I've also ordered a contour map of our area so I can study it in detail and pick some flatter routes.

Squash tomorrow so no run in the morning.

No comments: