Monday, March 26, 2007

13.07km LSD...

What a week that was!

Thursday was my 40th birthday and I don't think I've ever eaten so much as I did between Thursday and Saturday. And there were a few beers thrown in for good measure too.

The carbo-loading obviously paid some benefits, because I was able to get out for a long run on Sunday morning.

I only intended to do about 10km. I'd had a couple of weeks off and hadn't done much last week either, so I thought I'd just ease myself back into the habit.

But I felt really good the whole way around and finished up with 13.07km in 1:17:26 at 5:55/km pace.

There was a light drizzle of rain coming down for most of the run and that helped to keep me feeling comfortable.

So all in all, a good week and hopefully a springboard to dive back into regular training.

No comments: