Tuesday, January 30, 2007

6.19km Easy...

It felt like I'd had about 30 seconds sleep last night. We were watching My Favourite Album on the ABC. A bit of an anti-climax to see Dark Side of the Moon as number 1, but some excellent albums which I was happy to be reminded are in my collection...

3 - Radiohead - OK Computer
6 - Nirvana - Nevermind
7 - Led Zeppelin - Four
8 - Red Hot Chili Peppers - Blood Sugar Sex Magik
10 - U2 - Joshua Tree

I guess you have to take into account what sort of people actually voted but come on... who the f*** is Jeff Buckley?

Anyway, I was up at 5.30am and out for a run. Nothing special, just my standard route.

I think I've realised part of the problem behind my inability to run at a slower pace. I generally start very slow, probably don't warm up properly before I start running. But then I guess I over-compensate for that later in the run.

So 6.19km in 34:05 at 5:30/km pace.

1 comment:

Gronk said...

I wouldn't be too worried about pace mate. I would say that it's more about getting out there and building up your base.

Leave the watch at home every now and then and just enjoy the run. :)