Tuesday, April 10, 2007

15.58km LSD...

The second of three catch up posts.

Actually the longest run I've achieved since the Half Marathon in September 2005!

I bought some compression tights on Saturday. Partly to help a little bit with the colder mornings and hopefully also the added bonus of injury prevention. I tried all three brands... Skins, Canterbury and Line Break. In my opinion, there is only one thing to pick between the different brands... the price. Skins obviously need to recover the cost of advertising, but it's quite ironic that their advertising leads you to all three brands in Rebel Sport. So I choose the Line Break brand and saved $40, which I then spent on a new pair of Nike DriFit shorts.

So I pulled them on Sunday morning and headed out. They did feel good. Not too hot even when the sun hits the black colour and just enough to keep any cold wind off. That'll be tested more over the next few weeks. They also feel very comfortable and the tightness does feel good.

And so to the run. 15.58km in 1:30:07 at 5:46/km. Again, I followed the river out to Putney and then back towards Parramatta, and back again to Meadowbank and home.

I felt good during and after the run, but later in the day I ended up with a pounding headache. Not sure if that's something to do with the run, not enough rehydration, or perhaps something to with the lunchtime beer!

I just need to make sure that I build on these long runs with some decent Hard sessions during the week.

No comments: