Tuesday, April 17, 2007

6.26km Fast...

Bizarre!

I had it in my mind to have an easy week this week, just to have a bit of a recovery before stepping up over the next few weeks before the Half Marathon.

I left my Imaginary Friend tucked up in bed at home. I just used the stopwatch so I could record the distance and time. I thought an Easy 6km would be just fine today.

I took it easy for the first km, just thought I'd get my legs warm and then pretty much stick to that pace all the way. First km ended up at 5:40. A bit fast, but that should be OK, right?

The next km splits were... wait for it... 4:45, 4:55, 4:53, 4:33, 4:19!

What the...?

I was flying... felt so good I didn't want to slow down. The route is overall slightly downhill, but there a few ups and it's a route I run regularly.

So ended up with 6.26km in 30:00 at 4:47/km pace. That's the fastest run I've recorded since I started in July 2005!

Perhaps the easy week will be next week!

No comments: