Tuesday, June 12, 2007

15.13km LSD...

There was a fair bit of disruption and destruction along the route of Sunday's long run. I ran down to the river and along to Putney. Plenty of trees down from the storms, a few of which had brought down power lines. Lots of debris on the roads and standing water all over the place.

I hadn't been out since Tuesday - it was just to wet! So I wanted to make sure I got a decent run in.

I was joined on the run by some fella who was running from Chatswood to Parramatta then back to Homebush. Very impressive. I certainly couldn't keep up all that way. I stuck with him from Meadowbank to Rydalmere before turning back at about 12km and heading home.

So 15.13km in 1:29:51 at 5:56/km pace.

I'm still getting the soreness in my left ankle - I think it's bruising where my achilles joins my heel bone. The orthotic is helping by taking the strain off my achilles, but it does feel sore after I've sat for too long. Must make sure I try to stretch it a bit when I am sitting (most of the day at work).

No comments: