Monday, June 18, 2007

16.18km LSD...

It felt like a big mental battle was won on Sunday's run. Usually I'm fighting with my mind to keep going to finish the target I set myself, but this week I easily finished the intended session and a bit more too!

I'd planned 15km in about 1:30 - that would have been 6:00/km. I actually achieved 16.18km in 1:32:38 at 5:43/km - and felt good afterwards.

I wish I could find a magic answer now to the question of nutrition and hydration. I always think that I run out of fuel on these longer runs, but running in the mornings only gives me so much time to have breakfast and let that settle.

And then there's re-hydration... I started to feel another headache coming on later in the day. I'd made sure I got a Powerade in me and some more water (perhaps not enough) but I really didn't feel that great yesterday evening and I still feel a bit of after effect now.

Perhaps I'll do some reading on that subject later...

Did I mention I'm planning on doing:
  • Sutherland to Surf (11km) on 22nd July
  • Bayrun (7km) on 29th July
  • City to Surf (14km) on 12th August
  • Sydney Half Marathon (21.1km) on 23rd September

Hopefully my body holds up. There'll be at least 2 PBs in there (I've never run a 7km or 11km event before)!

No comments: