Friday, June 01, 2007

7.89km Easy...

Another cold morning, but after I'd warmed up, it felt really good to run with very few people around, hardly any cars and the air feeling clean and crisp!

Since my 5km Time Trial has allowed me to readjust my training times, I feel like I'm running with much more purpose. Knowing that the science tells me that Easy runs should be at 5:43/km and with my Imaginary Friend helping me to keep (roughly) to that pace gives me the confidence that each session is doing me good.

So 7.89km in 43:16 at 5:29 ended up a little faster than it should have been, but still felt very comfortable.

I got thinking about the mechanics of how my legs move and that reminded me of when I was doing a lot of cycling back in the UK... visualising my feet turning the pedals like hands would - not just pushing and pulling but forcing the rotation all the way around.

Anything to pass the time...

No comments: