Monday, February 26, 2007

14.26km LSD...

A really good run on Sunday. Out and back runs are always a bit of a balance as you need to turn around with enough left in the tank to get hoome or suffer a long walk.

I only had an idea of 'more than 10km' on Sunday, but the more I got into it, the more comfortable I felt. So 14.26km in 1:24:22 at 5:55/km pace.

No adverse after-effects either, so I must have got the hydration right.

And then there was Saturday night. Good old SBS... showing Live Forever. The story of Britpop in the 90's. It filled in a lot of gaps for me from that period... let's not go too far into the reasons why those gaps occurred, but in my defence, I left the UK to go to Hong Kong in August 1995, right in the middle of when everyone was 'avin' it'. I remember catching up on the coming and goings when editions of Loaded arrived in HK about 2 months later!

For me it was all about visiting the record shops in Reading every lunchtime and general coming home with 2 or 3 CDs. And music festivals too. Living in Reading gave us easy access to Reading Festival... and daily showers - unlike the majority of festival goers. I also experienced the great unwashed festival culture over in Denmark at Roskilde.

Just fantastic!

No comments: