Friday, February 09, 2007

6.65km Medium...

Another run this morning.

I only intended to run an Easy pace for about 6km. I asked my Imaginary Friend to lead me around 6km at 6:00/km pace.

I didn't pay too much attention to the watch. It was dark anyway and I didn't bother with the backlight. I just ran as I felt comfortable.

So when I heard the beep for 6km and checked the time, I realised I was about 5 minutes quicker than I'd planned. So I carried on until I was in sight of home - giving me a bit of time to warm down before reaching home.

So I finished 6.65km in 35:27 at 5:19/km pace. That's the fastest I've run since the 9km Bridge Run back in September.

It didn't feel particularly uncomfortable, so I hope that's a sign of my fitness returning.

I intend to do a long run on Sunday.

No comments: