Friday, February 23, 2007

7.28km Medium...

I felt good this morning. It was only supposed to be an Easy run but even though I was trying to hold back on the downhill between about 2 and 6km, it still ended up as a Medium paced run - 7.28km in 39:42 at 5:27/km pace.

I think I need to get back onto the idea of renewing my shoes. They're a bit battered after nearly 2 years, but at $230 a pop - I struggle to justify renewing every 6 months as is recommended.

So the list of presents for my 40th now includes:

Garmin Forerunner 305 - unlikely
Asics Gel Empire II - necessary
Asus MyPal 639 - awaiting delivery
Holiday in Hong Kong - redeemed frequent flyer points

2 comments:

Gronk said...

Wow, there's no stopping you now is there ?

Watch those shoes mate. Old shoes mean new injuries. Trust me, I'm the injury King ! :)

By the way, I get my shoes from US Ebay. I run in 21XX series ASICS and can usually land them in Oz for $AU100 from a Ebay Store.

NottsLad said...

Gronk, Thanks for that. I'll check out eBay. I'm told I'm a slight overpronator, so I'm using Asics Gel Empire.