Thursday, February 08, 2007

7.50km Medium...

It's still tough getting out of bed at 5.30am, when it's still dark, to go for a run. But after a brief pause over the snooze button, I achieved that feat again today!

I chose my slightly more challenging route option - the one with the steady climb up to the half way point. I was very conscious of keeping a steady pace for the first few Ks so as not to blow out in the second half. I obviously did that very well, because I felt very strong towards the end of the run.

I ended up completing the 7.50km in 40:26 at 5:23/km pace, which is a faster average than I intended.

Another thing that I was aware of this morning was that my mind was distracted (work stuff) which in some ways seemed to make the run a bit easier. Perhaps a confirmation of the good advice I received earlier from a regular reader that I shouldn't focus so much on the watch - just enjoy the run. So thanks for that (but I still like to take my Imaginary Friend with me)!

No comments: