Monday, April 18, 2005

17 Weeks to go...

Well despite having a hangover-free day yesterday, I still didn't get out for a run. It's going to be tough in future to give up one of the only two days a week I get to lie-in - and that's only till about 8am anyway. Perhaps I need to re-think that strategy and fit it around the family another time during the weekend...

But I did go for a run this morning. 5km is now firmly established as the standard. The last couple of hundred metres up the hill are still very difficult but I know I can achieve it now so at least I've broken the psychological barrier.

I think my timing on Friday must have been a little optimistic. I think I said I'd done the 5km in under 25 minutes. Well I now doubt that very much! In any case I think I'll use this morning's time of 25 minutes as the standard to beat.

I think my plan for the Sunday run should be based around getting Shirl and Lian to go to church regularly - that way I can have a bit of breakfast with them and go for a run while they're at church.

So this week should have another run tomorrow, squash on Wednesday, another run on Friday and a longer run on Sunday. We shall see how that goes!

No comments: