Tuesday, April 26, 2005

One Step Forward, One Step Back...

The step forward was made on Sunday when I did make it out for a run in the morning.

I thought I'd take a different route to my usual and decided to reverse what I eventually want to make my regular long run.

The good news was that it was nicely downhill for most of the way. The bad news of course is that that was the reverse direction, i.e. the intended direction will be mostly uphill!!

But I did do about 5km (hardly a "long" run as that's what I'm doing during the week now).

The step back was that; as yesterday was a public holiday (ANZAC day - like Remembrance Day in UK) I enjoyed a lie-in rather than getting out of the pit for a run.

We were running around doing little jobs all weekend though, so I don't feel too bad.

And I did return to a 5km run this morning. In about 24:30, so a bit slower than last Friday unfortunately.

I might try to get out tomorrow morning too, even though Wednesday is squash day. I feel like I should punish myself!

No comments: