Friday, April 01, 2005

135 days to go...

Another uneventful session.

I just went for the 4km route this morning. I realise I have to be patient. If I'm going to increase my distance then it's just going to have to be at a slower pace. I'm happy that the habit of running has formed. I'm feeling better for it. Any improvements are going to come gradually. I shouldn't risk injury by pushing too hard.

Once the other distractions are out of the way, I'll introduce the long-slow weekend runs. Should be after Lian's birthday - which is 9th April, so mid April should be about right.

I did a bit more work on the big distraction last night. The door's ready for fitting. The window shutters are half assembled, ready for final measure and trim. Hopefully I'll finish off the door tonight and maybe the shutters too - but since the clocks went back at the weekend, daylight in the evening is obviously limited.

Then, over the weekend, the roof needs finishing, the slide frame fixed and then a couple of coats of stain / varnish. We've got a BBQ at my sister-in-laws place on Saturday arvo, so hopefully I can still get most of the work done.

Back next week.

No comments: