Thursday, March 31, 2005

Feeling the Benefits...

Played squash last night for the first time in 3 weeks, and I really noticed the benefit of my training with an apparent improvement in fitness and strength in my legs. It still didn't give me any advantage in the score line though - I had to come back from 0-3 down to 4-3 then finished 4-4. I reckon Simon's been taking lessons whilst on his "Business Trip"!

I also went for a run this morning. I was determined to run the whole 5km route. I need those new running shoes!

However, it looks like I'm stuck with my old shoes for a little while longer. I just couldn't get up the last 300m. So close but yet so far! Maybe I need to pace myself a bit better. I did the 4.7km in something under 25 minutes, so that's about the right overall pace for the time being - although I'll hope to get my 5km time down closer to 20 minutes over the next few months.

Or maybe I just need to adjust my route so that the last 500m is flat or downhill! I'll check my map.

Nothing on the Cubby House last night - apart from another scope increase. Shirl's decided she wants to put shutters on the side window - to stop creepy crawlies and the rain from coming in. A good idea but that means more time and another trip to the hardware shop for some hinges and some kind of mechanism to hold the shutters closed.

I hope to get the door finished tonight and maybe the slide support too.

Until tomorrow...

No comments: