Friday, March 18, 2005

149 days to go...

I told you this would be the default title when I couldn't think of anything else!

The training is still on track. I was awakened early this morning by the rain and I remember briefly thinking I may not venture out, but by the time the alarm properly woke me up, the rain had slowed to a drizzle and thankfully didn't disrupt the schedule.

So another 4km under the belt. I have to start doing a longer run on Sundays soon, but not until the Cubby House is out of the way (no progress on that last night - we were out for dinner for Shirl's dad's birthday).

I also saw the lovely Zarni yesterday too. Remember her? Actually she's not Indonesian-Chinese, she's Burmese-Chinese. I was in the chair for 2 hours and had 5 fillings done, 2 large and 3 small. Very tense while she was grinding out the old fillings and preparing the teeth for the filling, but not painful at all. I think I'm well and truly over my dentist phobia.

So as I said, we were out for Shirl's dad's birthday dinner, although my numb gob prevented me from eating much - just the dry-fried shredded beef, my favourite!

We bought some decking oil yesterday for the Cubby House floor, so that'll be one job I can do undercover. But I'm hoping that the rain will ease off enough for me to advance the rest of the job too.

So that's enough for this week. 21 weeks to go until City to Surf, 3 weeks until Lian's birthday.

No comments: