Tuesday, March 01, 2005

An impatient patient...

Well, another 25 minute jog/walk this morning - and whilst the slow pace is very frustrating, I realise that this is the punishment I have to endure for all those years spent in the boozers of Hong Kong and Singapore rather than out cycling / swimming / running.

It's a small price to pay. I feel good after the exercise, I'm looking forward to the challenge of the City-to-Surf and I'm hoping that there'll be some improvement on the squash court too (I wonder if Simon Perry, my squash partner is reading. He may implement some kind of handicap system from now on!)

Never-the-less, I do hope I experience some gradual improvements otherwise I fear that I may quietly slip out of the routine.

The reference to 'patient' in the title is regarding an event that hasn't happened in approximately 22 years. Tonight I'm visiting the dentist!

Now most of you will know me as a very rational, logical sort of bloke, so you may be surprised to learn that I have some very irrational fears regarding dentists. And the longer I've put it off, the worse those fears are.

Basically I have a fear that as soon as the dentist starts to clean the plaque off my teeth - my teeth will fall out. There is, I believe, some logic there... after 22 years, the amount of plaque present must be providing some foundation for my teeth, so take away the foundation and...

Also, I have it in my memory that every time I went to the dentist as a kid I had at least one tooth out, so based on 22 years, 2 visits a year - that's 44 teeth that have got to come out!

So, as there's no training session tomorrow morning (hopefully squash tomorrow night though) there may be an entry here tomorrow purely related to the results of what the dentist finds!!!

Wish me luck!

No comments: