Monday, March 07, 2005

Thank God it's Monday...

Another busy weekend - but thankfully a good night's sleep and up for a run at 6.45am. About 4km in 20-25 minutes. Accompanied by the rest of the Stone Roses album.

I started looking at the next phase of my training routine earlier and it talks about having a day for 'cross-training'. It suggests swimming, cycling etc. Well I reckon my cross-training will be made up of mowing the lawns, cleaning the pool, shopping, running around after an almost 2-year old - because I am knackered and glad to be back at work for a rest.

I saw that entries for the Sydney Half-Marathon open today for the 22nd May event. I did contemplate entering for as long as it took to click the link and the web page opening. I really don't think this would help toward the grand-plan. Too much too soon. But maybe next year. As long as the City to Surf goes well and I can continue the training - the half marathon should be the next step.

I've contemplated the introduction of a small reward when I enter into the next phase of the training. A new pair of running shoes! This will be hopefully in a couple of weeks time. I need to be able to run the full 5km without walking. I figure that by then I'll have shown enough commitment to the task to ensure that a new pair of shoes won't go to waste. So wish me luck.

No squash this week. Simon's in Fiji. So I might try and drag Shirl the Girl out for a power-walk on Wednesday evening. Lian will offer me some resistance - I don't mean she'll try to dissuade us, rather that I'll have to push her 15kg plus the weight of the pram around.

No word on the cubby house yet. We'll have to give them a call to find out when it'll be available. We must get it ready by Lian's birthday (9th April), and I reckon there'll be at least a couple of weekends work there. Unfortunately I don't have any installation instructions yet so there's not much more preparation work I can do.

Righty-oh, time for a cuppa then a bit of work before lunch...

No comments: