Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Good to be Back...

Phew, 6 days have passed since I last "Blogged"...

So where do I begin? How about at the beginning...

Good Friday allowed a break from the running but some serious Cross-Training in the back garden on the Cubby House. I got the floor onto the base with the assistance of my neighbour and occasional drinking buddy, George. I managed to twist it back to square and get it fixed down. Then the wall frames went up - with only the assistance of some strategically placed clamps to hold the pieces upright and in position while I screwed them down and together. Most of the cladding was fixed too.

Saturday saw the cladding finished and the veranda frame installed. We went over to George and Jenny's place on Saturday night for some tucker, beers and port! Yum!!

Sunday (hangover free!) progressed the roof beams, the window trims and the door started to be assembled. The clocks went back today. We didn't realise until Shirl and Lian arrived at church at the wrong time! Doh!!

Monday had the roof sheets fixed and I started to assemble the steps.

A lot of thought and discussion went into how to fix the slide off the veranda. I think we now have a solution.

Yesterday was first day back at work. I went for a run - my usual 4+km route in about 20 minutes. The new long sleeved Helly Hansen top proved useful as it is getting colder in the mornings. I was on site all day (real site - a poo / pee treatment plant in South West Sydney) so I was knackered by the time I got home. But I still managed to finish off the steps assembly.

I need to borrow my neighbour's ladder to finish off the ridge capping and eave beams. The door needs finishing, the slide assembly carried out, the steps fixed and the whole thing stained. Then Shirl's got a few items I need to make for the inside.

That's it for now. Squash tonight (hope I remember how to play after so long off).

No comments: