Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Last Night's Cross-Training...

I was supposed to be having a rest after yesterday morning's run. Wednesday is usually squash day but as Simon's away, I thought I'd drag Shirl and Lian out for a 'power-walk' tonight. But the arrival of the Cubby House changed that last night.

When I say 'Cubby House', I should more accurately describe it as 'Pile of Wood'. And it came on a pallet in the back of a truck, hence the cross-training involved man-handling 280kg of wood and metal sheets off the truck, round the back of the house.

I was encouraged to see a CD which I assumed would contain detailed instructions, perhaps even a video of how it's put together. However, there's no parts list, so I have no idea whether everything we ordered is there, and the instructions are fairly sketchy too. I'll try and decipher them today and see if I can identify all the bits and pieces. But there's surely to be some questions asked.

I just hope that everything is pre-cut - there's certainly no pre-drilling. There's a big bag of screws so there's definitley an excuse to buy a cordless drill/screw-driver! So it's not all bad.

Anyway, expect to see some frustrated comments posted here. Hope it doesn't interfere too much with the running!

Wish me luck!

PS I wonder if I can figure out how to post photos here...

No comments: