Thursday, March 03, 2005

164 days to go...

I think this'll be the default title in future if I can't think of anything original!

I don't know if it's too early days but I swear I experienced the benefit of my training in our game of Squash last night. Whereas I normally have a period where my legs don't seem to want to move and my lungs can't get in enough air - last night was a good hard session with plenty of bounce in the legs and the ball!

My squash partner is off to Fiji next week so that'll be another week off! Better make sure I put a full week of training in.

Having commented above regarding the positive benefits of the training, when my alarm went off this morning I really didn't feel like going for a run. I was so tired, I could hardly open my eyes. If I could have hit one button on the alarm to reset it in time to get up for work I would have and missed the morning run. But as it was, I'm pleased to report, I swung my legs out of bed and got through the routine to get me up and out the door on auto-pilot.

But by the time I'd done my warm-up walk to the top of the hill - I was glad I made the effort. It felt good to get into it and my jog : walk ratio was definitely in favour of the jog. I did about 30 mins, so slowly and surely I'm still on track.

I think I may bring the mini-disk player back into use and hopefully the music will take my mind off my breathing and rhythm - just let it happen naturally.

On the home front: Shirl found a dead mouse in the pool yesterday. Completly freaked her out. She called me at work and got me to come home at lunchtime to get rid of it. I wouldn't be surprised if she (and Lian) doesn't use the pool again!

I saw a child bike seat on the www earlier which fixes in front of the rider, so the child sits between the rider's arms. I'll have to check it out for knee clearance, but that could be another exercise idea.

Keep it up!

No comments: