Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Almost derailed, again...

Another 4am wake up by Lian! But this time I really struggled to get back to sleep!

She didn't make too much noise this morning but somehow I became aware of her in our room. I swapped places with her, putting her in our bed next to Shirley while I grabbed my running gear (which I'm in the habit of having ready each night) and headed into Lian's room to try to get back to sleep.

So when the alarm went off at 6.45am, I really struggled to get up. But I did, grabbed the MD player (loaded with Oasis today) and headed out up the hill.

I put a good 4.5km in this morning, but still took about 25 minutes. There was a short walk in there too. So still some way to go until I get into the next phase.

I stopped by the local running track on the way home from work last night. I just wanted to confirm where it was and whether it was open to the public (it is). Hopefully I'll get one day a week of laps in soon (run a lap hard then walk a lap to recover, repeat for about 20 minutes).

In other news... The cubby house has arrived - at least it's in Sydney. It sould be delivered to our place today. Apparently it weighs 280kg in a 2.1 x 0.9 x 0.6m crate. So it sounds like it comes with no pre-assembly! Hopefully I can find the instructions tonight and check out what's got to be done. I'm also hoping the delivery can be made down the driveway otherwise there'll be a job on tonight to uncrate it and shift it all round the back of the house.

Any volunteers to give us a hand with that, or any advise on the training? Rewards will be provided in liquid form (redeemable only in NSW).

Wish me luck!

No comments: