Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Contractual Dispute...

Well last night, my Client well and truly stepped over the mark! How dare she tell me how to build a Cubby House? What experience has she got? How long does she know how long it's going to take me and in what order I should complete the individual tasks?

Unfortunately, my Client deals with Contractual disputes of this nature by locking the Project Manager out of the amenities building (i.e. my house!). Bloody cheek.

I admit that I should be shot. I get paid by my full-time employer to protect them against Contractual arguments, particularly those associated with Time! So I've learnt my lesson. I've sketched out a schedule, identifying all the remaining tasks and how long and in what order I propose to complete them. Forecast Completion is Easter Sunday!

I haven't got the Client to sign-off to it yet - but on the basis that it's been issued (it's on the fridge door) and my Client hasn't come up with anything better - that's what I'm working to.

Good job she doesn't advise me on my training!

A well deserved rest was taken this morning, on the basis that it should be squash tonight. However, I've since been informed that Simon is off to the UK on business, so no squash for the next 2 weeks.

All the more chance to work on the Cubby House!

No comments: