Monday, March 21, 2005

In Need of a Boost...

I think this morning was the hardest I've found so far to drag myself out of bed!

It seems like every Monday is a tough day. I'm so busy at weekends that by the time Monday comes around - I'm knackered.

The weekend did see a lot achieved on the Cubby House - the elevation kit is concreted into the ground. Bloody hell, you can tell I have a desk job - mixing 120kg of concrete by hand is such hard work. I used Quick Set concrete, so I separately prepared just enough for each hole, but as it starts to go off in 15 minutes, I had to mix it quickly and get it in the hole sharpish!

I also finished off building the veranda picket fence. This involved lots of kneeling, measuring, screwing, standing, sawing - and I think that's exacerbated the niggle I was feeling last week in my knee!

I also finished the decking oil for the floor.

The good news is that I did go for a run. The first 1km was very difficult. I was very conscious of my knee, but as it turned out - it didn't give me a problem. So after that first 1km the run got easier. By the time I finished, I felt good enough to carry on for another few kms.

The bad news is, as well as the knee, I seem to be getting a bit of a cold. I realise that I may have to take a week off, but my concern is that any break I have to take as a result of these afflictions may be the death of the training programme. I'm not confident of my ability to restart the routine!

It's now that I need any encouragement / abuse that you can give. Anybody with experience of Anterior / Posterior Cruciate Ligament injuries also may assist too!

Perhaps some Cold & Flu tablets with anti-inflammatory will do the trick!

No comments: